Being sustainable is increasing in popularity. Except from eating less meat, flying less, recycling, etc. there’s also ways to browse as sustainable as possible. In this article we’re giving 3 Chrome extensions that make living sustainable easier
1. TreeClicks – Plant Free Trees While Shopping
- You go to TreeClicks.com
- Download the TreeClicks Chrome or Firefox extension
- When you shop at one of their more than 50.000 connected stores, trees are planted from the ad fee they receive. You do have to activate the TreeClicks popup that shows up when you visit one of their connected stores.
When shopping a decent amount, it’s easy to help planting already a couple of trees. Since online shopping is a 500 billion dollar business in the United States, if only a tiny percentage of this fee goes into tree planting, TreeClicks could plant billions of trees. Download now.
2. Tab for a cause
Tab for a Cause is a very simple Chrome extension that shows a tab with an advertisement every time you open a new tab. A part of that ad revenue is used for causes. You can select your own causes. If you want a sustainable cause, choose for example a Nature Conservancy related cause.
3. DoneGood – shop more ethical
DoneGood is a simple Chrome Extension that recommends brands that make the world better a place.
It’s an online shopping assistant automatically recommends the best ethical, sustainable brands as you shop on Amazon, Google, or other retail websites. Plus, with exclusive offers and discount codes for 25% off or more, you can easily shop your values while saving money at the same time.
Other handy Chrome Extensions
While this is a short list, there’s many other great Chrome Extensions. Check them out here:
- Article about other productivity Chrome Extension
- Forest: This Chrome extension is also sustainability related. It plants a virtual tree. That one gets destroyed if you browse un-useful websites.
This post was originally published on DevProblems.